Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Only first season of a TV series gets added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm pretty much a noob, literally installed Kodi the first time a couple days ago.
Anyway, I have made some progress but the only thing I can't seem to get working are TV shows. I only have two for now but for both of them, only the first season is added. And I don't understand why. I use 3 devices (Fire TV stick, PC, phone) and it only doesnt work on the Fire TV. The PC and phone are fine.

So I've been searching a lot and tried different folder structures that have been suggested in previous threads. Currently, it's .../TV shows/Two and a half men/S01E01.avi - so all seasons and episodes in one folder, with the folder named by the show name and the episodes named SXXEXX. I've previously had different folders for different seasons and had named the files "Two and a half men S01E01.avi". That also didn't work. Also, the other TV show is in an other structure (/TV shows/sometvshow/sometvshow Season 1 Episode 1/sometvshowS01E01.mkv) and is also showing only season 1.

I've reset Kodi completely and re-set it up, didn't help. 
I'm accessing the files on a NAS inside my network via FTP: \ftp://192.168.2.162:21. My Kodi version is 17.6 and it's installed by pushing an APK file from my phone onto the stick.

Here are the logs (I have activated debug logging, then manually updated library, once finished I uploaded the log).
I do have noticed the "access denied" errors btw, but I don't know why they're coming. The user name and password are correct (I've even compared them to Kodi on my PC where it works fine and they're the same). Also, I can access and open the files in the file explorer just fine which makes me even more confused why the access would get denied when updating the library.

I have no idea what's wrong and no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated. If you need any more information please tell me.
Hello @cageythree

(2018-08-07, 18:37)cageythree Wrote: [ -> ]TV shows/Two and a half men/S01E01.avi
That is perfect.

The problem is this...
cpp:
CCurlFile::Open failed with code 550 for ftp://USER:[email protected]:21/Mul...Serien/Two and a half men/Two and a half menS01E24/s01e24.avi
Open - failed to open source <ftp://USER:[email protected]:21/Multimedia/Serien/Two and a half men/Two and a half menS01E24/s01e24.avi>

You need to check ftp access permissions. Maybe SMB might be a better choice?
(2018-08-07, 22:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is this...
cpp:
CCurlFile::Open failed with code 550 for ftp://USER:[email protected]:21/Mul...Serien/Two and a half men/Two and a half menS01E24/s01e24.avi
Open - failed to open source <ftp://USER:[email protected]:21/Multimedia/Serien/Two and a half men/Two and a half menS01E24/s01e24.avi>

Would having the episode file in its own subdirectory underneath the main TV show directory also cause an issue? Maybe no big deal, just looked odd to me.

Code:
/Two and a half men/Two and a half menS01E24/s01e24.avi
I think in this particular case, the problem would still exist. It seems to be a permissions issue.

I have a mix of how I save tv shows in my library...
where all episodes are in the tv show folder,
episode split into season folders,
dvd episode folders,
bluray episode folders
tv show\season\episode\episode.mkv setup.

All work equally well.
Hey, thanks to both of you for your replies.

I've tried NFS now. To be honest, I've only used FTP because I knew what it was. As I said, I'm pretty much a noob. 

Unfortunately, after changing the TV shows source to smb, clearing it, relaunching the app and refreshing the library it still hasn't changed. Still only the first season for both shows. Here's the log after launching and library update.
Ok, I see you are now using SMB for TV Shows. But no information for the scrape is given as the show has already been scanned by Kodi so it won't look at it again.

Can you remove Two and a half men from your library. Highlight the show - Context Menu - Manage - Remove from library.

Run a Clean Library in Settings>Media>Library

Then rescrape the show and upload the log again.
Oh yeah I see, sorry. Here's the new one.

I had to upload the log while it was still scanning because after a full scan the log is >1MB and it wont let me upload it, but there's still quite a lot of stuff catched. I hope the relevant information is in there.
I see your problem.

You have set Absolute Order in your scraper settings. This is wrong as that show does not use Absolute Order.

Go to Videos>Files
Highlight the Source that holds the TV Shows.
Call up the Context Menu
Select Change content
Go into Settings
Disable "Use Absolute Ordering". Make sure Use DVD Order is also disabled

Now I also notice you have NFO Files. Are you trying to scan with nfo files? It looks like they are empty, or don't have enough info so it might be best to remove them.
Oops, I've thought this was a preference thing like how I would like to have the titles sorted. 
Thank you really much though! I think I wouldn't have found my mistake on my own.

No I'm not using the NFOs. I thought theyd help Kodi to find the matching titles so Ive also put them there. I'll remove them then.
The absolute order is used for shows like Anime that don't have seasons, they are just one continuous long running season.

Yep, the NFO's are being ignored anyway, so best to remove them in case it trips you up at some later stage.

I have some useful links in My Signature for the wiki, in case you haven't found them already.
(2018-08-07, 23:12)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I think in this particular case, the problem would still exist. It seems to be a permissions issue.

I have a mix of how I save tv shows in my library...
where all episodes are in the tv show folder,
episode split into season folders,
dvd episode folders,
bluray episode folders
tv show\season\episode\episode.mkv setup.

All work equally well.

Thanks @Karellen. I've always stuck to all episodes within the TV show folder, but for long-running series (Simpsons, anyone?) I'm glad to learn I can split them up by season as well! XBMC/Kodi user for ages and still learning. Smile