Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi cloudfront.net live stream playback for my add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I need help to know how to make Kodi play a cloudfront.net live stream (tv channel) in my addon.

I made the addon and it was working perfectly but some time ago it simply stopped working, the m3u8 link hasn't changed and what I understand that is happening (from this link LINK) is that Amazon changed the format or protocol of their video stream.

So what I need to know is if there's any library I could import into my addon or some addon I could install to make my addon work again. I tried the latest alpha and nightlies from kodi.tv but my addon still doesn't work, maybe I need to enable something?.
So, I think that I managed to fix it, I was having a 403 error but added an user agent to the m3u8 link and it seems to work now, I haven't tested in other versions of Kodi to confirm that cloudfront videos only work in the alpha or nightlies but I will post here if I find anything that could be of use for someone else.
So I checked in Kodi 17.6 and the streams still work, it looks like it was all an user agent issue, so this may work in your addon (depending on how you are programming it of course) just do: theurl.m3u8|User-Agent= and you can put there the user agent with spaces, no quotes.