Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mysql backend: "this file is no longer available" after some amount of time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have several frontend nvidia shields working great with a mysql backend.

The problem is after some amount of time (I think I've only seen it after the shield sleeping).

Upon waking, sometimes files I know are there will claim to not be. Ways to fix:

1. Exit kodi and restart it. Without any library updates or other library modifications, things seem to work again.
2. It seems like if I watch a file that's already marked as watched, a file that hasn't been watched will start working again. I'm not sure if this is coincidental, but it just happened

This is using an SMB connection where the file location is smb://<ip address>/media/movies/blah.mkv. I started using IP address just in case there was resolution issues causing this.

I searched the forums but didn't find anything that might explain this. Perhaps it's nvidia shield hibernatel related? But I thought kodi was pretty much in control of the smb connection when you're using a network share method.
Topic moved to Android.

I have a Nvidia Shield TV also with a MySQL backend, and I can't say I have the same experience. I had Kodi 17.6 for a long time, and now doing Kodi18 Alpha 3. What do you have as a MySQL backend server? And have you installed the Shield's Oreo update already?

I'm using NFS connections, by the way. The "no longer available" message is a file problem, not a database problem. So watched or unwatched should not make a difference. Either Kodi / Android has a wakeup problem, or your SMB server took a nap, and couldn't wake up in time.

Got a debug log (wiki) for us with the problem at hand?
mysql proper, version 5.5.54 (older ubuntu install...so unfortunately old).

The box is up 24/7 as a fileserver and I haven't had anything other SMB clients complaining so far. I'll see if I can catch it in action while debug is turned on.

Thanks.
Caught it in action:

https://pastebin.com/raw/Qra4Ub4z

Meanwhile I am connected to the SMB server on another machine while this is happening.

Again I clicked around on some other stuff and eventually got it working without restarting. It was after waking up the shield from sleeping for a while.