Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio when adjust display refresh rate is set to on and playing from network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm running the latest version of LibreELEC for the Wetek Hub, and I have some issues with the sound.

1. When playing from a USB drive the sound works fine
2. When playing from network without adjusting refresh rate the sound works fine
3. When playing from network with 'adjust display refresh rate' set to on, the sound will work in about 1 out of 5 tries (stop video, start again)

I produced a log file to demonstrate the bug. I first restarted my Windows 10 PC (which hosts the files via SMB), and then tried to access the files via the media player. The first 2 times the file played with audio, the 3rd time there was no audio.

The network share is called smb://Desktop/Mediabestanden/TV Shows and can be found in the log file this way. The log file can be found over here: http://paste.kodi.tv/iqucajefop

Thanks for your help.
Please test with v18. There issue may have been fixed already.
Thanks for your reply FernetMenta.

It turns out that it was not the frame switching that was the problem, but the rather high bitrate of the files I was watching (>15 Mbit/sec). I noticed that playback was smooth when I had a network cable connected, in the end I came to the conclusion (simply by transferring files from my laptop (wireless) to the system hosting the files (wired)) that every now and then there is a sudden drop in the data transfer rate, which then recovers. I blame the rather crowded 2.4Ghz band around me.

It seems that it was a coincidence that I changed the 'adjust refresh rate' setting and noticed these problems at the same time.
Thread marked solved.
(2018-08-10, 21:21)soldeerbout Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply FernetMenta.

It turns out that it was not the frame switching that was the problem, but the rather high bitrate of the files I was watching (>15 Mbit/sec). I noticed that playback was smooth when I had a network cable connected, in the end I came to the conclusion (simply by transferring files from my laptop (wireless) to the system hosting the files (wired)) that every now and then there is a sudden drop in the data transfer rate, which then recovers. I blame the rather crowded 2.4Ghz band around me.

It seems that it was a coincidence that I changed the 'adjust refresh rate' setting and noticed these problems at the same time.
 Reading high bitrate files from SMB shares was fixed in v18.