Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 Leia Library update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning, I apologize for my English
I have been using kodi 17 for a long time, when I replace a movie in MP4 format with the same name, in the same folder, but with different audio strem (wav, mp3, ac3) the first reproduction the audio codec information is updated in the library.
This with kodi 18 Leia does not happen. you can help me, this function was very useful for me.
thank you
The audio information should be updated if you start playing the video.

Could you please check if that happens.
Thk
no information is not updated
Have you tried updating the library?

From a command prompt, I use: kodi-send -a "UpdateLibrary(video)"

When you say "replace", do you mean the other file is no longer there?  I know my Kodi became confused when it found two different formats of the same episode (MP4 and MKV)
Good morning,
I insert the media in mkv format with mp3 audio, update the library and display the correct information.
For my needs recode the movies in mp4 with AC3 audio, replace the mkv file with the mp4 file.
With kodi 17, the information is updated at the first play of the movie.
With kodi 18 this does not happen. I tried to update the library from kodi and command line, delete the nfo file, update the information from the internet but it does not work. only solution, remove the file, clean the library and insert it again.
thank you