Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video resolution gone from PlayerDebug in Kodi18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the LibreELEC alpha, v8.90.003 and overall it appears to work good.

But one thing I noticed straight away was that video resolution is gone from "PlayerDebug" overlay. Now it looks like this https://discourse-cdn.osmc.tv/uploads/de...e2439f.jpg

In Kodi 17 it used to look like this http://i.imgur.com/ckbUIWT.png

May I ask why it was removed?

My Raspberry Pi 3 can't playback all 1080p60 streams from Twitch, so I have been using the "PlayerDebug" overlay to know when to manually switch to a lower quality stream. Which is why I need both the resolution and the framerate.

I know that there is also the "PlayerProcessInfo" that shows them both, but the PlayerProcessInfo doesn't have the cache size. And I need the cache to watch out when playing videos over the SMB protocol and know when they have to high bitrate. Without cache details it takes longer time to know if the bandwidth is enough or not. Since I am controlling Kodi using CEC I have a limited set of buttons to bind and it would be great if one overlay had all my information.
Video player debug info is still available via the CTRL-SHIFT-O key combination.
Perhaps slightly different from what was in Kodi 17, but the basic info is there.
(2018-08-09, 18:31)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Video player debug info is still available via the CTRL-SHIFT-O key combination.
Perhaps slightly different from what was in Kodi 17, but the basic info is there.
 Pressing CTRL-SHIFT-O brings up the PlayerDebug overlay which is the one I used to use in Kodi 17. But it no longer shows the resolution. I am curios if there is a reason for it to be missing? To me it sounds like the video resolution should be part of the basic info.
Pressing just the O key will bring up 'the other' process info window, which includes the resolution of the playing video.
Why it was all changed some time ago, I don't know.
(2018-08-10, 17:20)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Pressing just the O key will bring up 'the other' process info window, which includes the resolution of the playing video.
Why it was all changed some time ago, I don't know.
 Unfortunately I am using CEC and my TV remote, so I don't have access to all the keys on a keyboard. But I will try to figure something out.

Thanks.
I normally only use CEC too, but for all testing stuff an extra usb keyboard comes in handy. I also use a cheap bluetooth keyboard for all these odd jobs. Smile
What I use is one key mapped for playerprocessinfo and the same key but with "longpress" function for playerdebug.
(2018-08-12, 07:10)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]I normally only use CEC too, but for all testing stuff an extra usb keyboard comes in handy. I also use a cheap bluetooth keyboard for all these odd jobs. Smile
 Unfortunately I need to do this on a per stream basis from twitch, so it is quite common for me Sad I also have a keyboard connected, but it is way out of reach from the couch.

(2018-08-13, 19:03)host505 Wrote: [ -> ]What I use is one key mapped for playerprocessinfo and the same key but with "longpress" function for playerdebug.
Didn't know about the longpress, thanks! Now I just got twice the amount of keys Smile I just need to figure out how to get it to work on my setup, just adding mod="longpress" didn't work Sad
@Glyphs can you post your keymap?