Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV 3 (pendant) ac3 passthrough not working on api level 25 with krypton 17.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a firetv 3, the pendant design and it is on fire os 6, android 7.1.2, api level 25

I can't get ac3 passthrough to work on krypton 17.6. It works on my firetv 2 connected to the same equipment, with the same settings.

I selected 2.0 channels, passthrough, ac3 and ac3 transcoding are enabled. Send low volume noise is disabled. When I play media with ac3 audio, I get no sound. The receiver claims to receive ac3 2.0, but there is no sound.

I looked in the stickied passthrough thread, but it seems to be locked and not updated in a while, no info on api level 25.

I also noticed that according to my tv and receiver, firetv 3 likes to output all kodi sound in ac3 2.0. So there is some conversion going on between kodi and fire tv. That's probably why the bitstream is not working, firetv perhaps doesn't recognize it?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bump.

Anyone using firetv 3 with passthrough?