Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Starting music videos causing audio warble / warping / distortion randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Amazon FireTV v2 running KODI v17.6 and have had an issue with my music videos randomly getting warble / warping / distortion usually when starting. Rarely it will happen in the middle of the music video. This occurs whether they are in a queue or just playing as single videos and 99% of the time it only happens when starting them. The specific music video file doesn't matter as it occurs to random videos. This has been happening for a very long time (2-3 years) and I have searched everywhere for anything even remotely close. This even occurred with previous versions of Kodi. The music videos are either MKVs or MP4s and they are stored on a Synology NAS accessed via CIFS/SMB shares from the Amazon FireTV v2. The DEBUG logs have never shown anything that would clue me into the issue. Other video files or MP3s do not experience this issue. If I queue 20 videos, it might happen once or twice.

It feels like it would be something with buffering, but since it doesn't happen with other videos including ones much larger and more CPU intensive to play, its puzzleing. The Synology NAS has plenty of resources so I don't feel that is an issue, but I think I'm going to copy a bunch of the music videos locally to the AFTV to rule out the NAS.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you! Smile
Anyone? (One month bump!)
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum