Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: building pvr addons for x64 [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've dug around, but I've not found anything about building pvr addons for x64.

all the .sln files I've checked only have a win32 configuration.

Is there a cheat-sheet somewhere that explains how to do this? (I've searched, and read the "normal" kodi build stuff, but just haven't seen anything, except how to build x64 kodi.) Nothing about addons.

Thanks!
Which addons are you trying to build and how did you get the .sln files?
(2018-08-11, 10:20)Rechi Wrote: [ -> ]Which addons are you trying to build and how did you get the .sln files?

pvr addons.

In my kodi tree,

I ran tools/windows/prepare-binary-addons-dev.bat

Then opened project/cmake/addons/build/kodi-addons.sln with vs15 and did 'build'

Then open cmake/addons/build/<addon-name>-prefix/src/<addon-name>-build/<addon-name>.sln to build a particular addon.

Thanks!
Replace 'Visual Studio 14' with 'Visual Studio 14 Win64' at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/4eddfb...ev.bat#L79, delete cmake/addons and rerun the script.
(2018-08-11, 16:04)Rechi Wrote: [ -> ]Replace 'Visual Studio 14' with 'Visual Studio 14 Win64' at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/4eddfb...ev.bat#L79, delete cmake/addons and rerun the script.

Thank you, I stumbled into that a little bit ago, and was coming back to post the results.

Perhaps it's not necessary, but I also replaced

call "%VS140COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\bin\amd64_x86\vcvarsamd64_x86.bat" || call "%VS140COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"

with

call "%VS140COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\bin\amd64\vcvars64.bat"

Near the top of the file. vcvarsamd64_x86.bat seems to set up the environment for building 32 bit targets with 64 bit tools, and vcvars32.bat sets it up for 32 bit tools, 32 bit target.

Thanks!
I've seen that line too, but it isn't needed. The removal was missed during switching from 'NMake Makefiles' generator to 'Visual Studio' generator.