Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Surround not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time on here. Have a V88 pro box. HDMI to 7.1 sony strdg910. Surround worked great on jarvis. Little blue led bar lit on every thing I watched. Installed krypton 17.6. Love everything about it. Except that I get no surround on anything. Have tried everything I can think of. Followed all instructions on how to set it up. 2 channels, pass through on etc. And still only 2 channel sound. Any suggestions? And please make it simple. Been using kodi over a year but still not familiar with all the capabilities.
Little blue light I referred to is an indicator on strdg910 is receiving a digital surround audio stream. Display will scroll Dolby Digital 3/2/1. If it doesn't light up the display shows PCM. Can't get it to light up on 17.6. Only displays PCM no matter what I do.
Sounds like a support issue for the windows forum?

This is a forum that Discuss freely about Kodi related subjects. No support questions!

Are you running windows?

in the meantime Windows audio (wiki) Audio troubleshooting (wiki) and Audio quickstart guide (wiki)