Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to remove a song from a standard m3u playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Everything is in the title. I did not find a way to do this, strangely.
Advices are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Laurent
If you want to make a permanent change then select m3u playlist then open Context menu and select Edit playlist, however as Context menu is not working in here currently you have to use the keyboard shortcuts https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/fc9faf...#L316-L318

Alternatively to modify a playlist you're playing, select Go to playlist from left side bar menu then both the same keyboard shortcuts and Context menu work here for removing items or moving them, any changes will only be for duration of playing the playlist, you can make them permanent by selecting Save on the left side bar menu, then enter the existing name of the playlist to overwrite the exiting playlist or enter a new name so the existing playlist is kept unchanged.

The above assumes you're using the Default Estuary skin, the same functions will be in all skins but maybe located/named slightly differently.
Thanks a lot.
I certainly want to give a try to this.
Would you be so kind and tell me how to use keyboard shortcuts thing ?

Thank you.

Laurent
(2018-08-15, 12:34)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to make a permanent change then select m3u playlist then open Context menu and select Edit playlist, however as Context menu is not working in here currently you have to use the keyboard shortcuts https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/fc9faf...#L316-L318

Alternatively to modify a playlist you're playing, select Go to playlist from left side bar menu then both the same keyboard shortcuts and Context menu work here for removing items or moving them, any changes will only be for duration of playing the playlist, you can make them permanent by selecting Save on the left side bar menu, then enter the existing name of the playlist to overwrite the exiting playlist or enter a new name so the existing playlist is kept unchanged.

The above assumes you're using the Default Estuary skin, the same functions will be in all skins but maybe located/named slightly differently.
(2018-08-15, 18:02)Laurentwb Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot.
I certainly want to give a try to this.
Would you be so kind and tell me how to use keyboard shortcuts thing ?

Thank you.

Laurent
(2018-08-15, 12:34)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to make a permanent change then select m3u playlist then open Context menu and select Edit playlist, however as Context menu is not working in here currently you have to use the keyboard shortcuts https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/fc9faf...#L316-L318

Still not clear how install and use the keyboard shortcuts on RPI3.
In the meantime, I find it easy to import the m3u file to Windows and use wordpad to edit it. No need to do this often anyway.