Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Having Issues With Shows Not Resuming At Stopped Location, It Just Restarts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have looked for help with this issue, maybe I am not searching properly or not wording things properly. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

I am using a Amazon FireStick to run Kodi. 
About a month ago now I have noticed that when I stop a program at any point, and go back into it and use the resume playback...it just starts over again. The small box comes up (for example) will say Resume at 13:00 or Start Over...I can hit the Resume and it will just start over again. This feature was running great about a month ago. Trying to figure out what I have done. I don't remember any changes or reloading Kodi. So I am not sure what is up. Is anyone else having this issue?

Lastly, is it normal for playback issues after you pause a show/movie for awhile? Say pausing it like over 5 minutes, it means that playback for the show is going to be all screwed up. Does anyone else have these issues?

We have 300mbps Spectrum Wi-Fi, however I am using a wired internet connection with the FireStick. 
I don't know what other information would be applicable to help. Thank you again and hope everyone is having a great week!!!
Vanessa
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum