Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing a stream on start-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

My problem is somewhat similar...
I have an rtp stream to connect to on the LAN (rtp://<IP_address>:<port_number>).
In Kodi 17.6 (on OSMC) I want to automatically start playing the stream, when the Raspberry Pi boots up, from the .strm file that contains the URL.

Does anyone know a way to make this work without installing any additional stuff?

Thanks,
Sovy
our first post @aszovathy , but not at all similar issue to the thread this was tacked on to. Please just start a new thread for your questions (of course always search for answers on the forum beforehand in case your question has alreday been answered).

Sorry I can't help with how to start playing on start-up, but maybe someone else will see this question and be able to help.
You would probably need to create a service Add-on to do this, but I am sure its possible.
Place your link in a *.strm file, download Video Screensaver from the Kodi repository.
Set Kodi screensaver for 1min and in settings select the strm file... done Smile
(2018-08-20, 15:36)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Place your link in a *.strm file, download Video Screensaver from the Kodi repository.
Set Kodi screensaver for 1min and in settings select the strm file... done Smile
 Nice solution!!