Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Loss of mysql library upon update from 17.6 to 18.0b1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is data loss of mysqld  from a fully functional 17.6 --> 18.0b1 expected?  Basically, upon launching 18.0b1, a library refresh is preformed and data watch status data are overwritten.  As well, non-existent content (movies mostly) are added to the library.  I can post a full debug log in a few hours.

I made backups of /var/lib/kodi and /var/lib/mysql before I started, so I can easily revert back to the functionaly 17.6 state.
(2018-08-18, 21:36)graysky Wrote: [ -> ]Is data loss of mysqld  from a fully functional 17.6 --> 18.0b1 expected?
It's a late alpha / early beta... Always expect bugs and troubles with non-production software Smile

(2018-08-18, 21:36)graysky Wrote: [ -> ]I can post a full debug log in a few hours.
If possible, re-install 17.6, enable debugging via the advancedsettings.xml file, and then upgrade your Kodi application if possible.
Provide the debug log (wiki) as well as the kodi.old.log file after the upgrade has finished.
Wow, the update this time was flawless.  I can't explain.
Thread marked solved.