Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ans v17 also - scanned Music is in partly in one Album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello together,

this problem i have exists since i use Kodi.

I started over and deleted my complete music library to rescan it album by album. All tracks are tagged with MusicBrainz Picard, so tagging SHOULD BE ok for scanning in Kodi.

So i started scannin the first album, everything was fine, going on. Then, after some Albums the problem starts:
For example i scanned all artists until letter M. Then i start scanning the album "Michael Jackson - Dangerous" after scanning i find many other tracks and artists in this album. This happens every time i scan my music library.

It looks like the library gets broken after some time, or something else happens

Does anybody else know this problem and How can i resolve it?
Yes your tagging using Picard should be fine, but it does sound like it isn't. Also you say that you "deleted your complete music library", how did you do that?

I am sure I will be able to help you, but I do need more information. A copy of your MyMusic60.db (v17) or MyMusic72.db (v18) could help identify the issue, can you upload that to the cloud somewhere and provide a link. If you want to keep that private then post it and then immediately edit the post deleting the link. Then only forum moderators will be able to see what you originally posted.
(2018-08-21, 09:18)MrSliff Wrote: [ -> ]So i started scannin the first album, everything was fine, going on. Then, after some Albums the problem starts:
For example i scanned all artists until letter M. Then i start scanning the album "Michael Jackson - Dangerous" after scanning i find many other tracks and artists in this album. This happens every time i scan my music library.

Is this related to the setting "Show Song and Album Artists!"? in media >> music settings perhaps?

Try turning it off then rescanning, it should then only show Michael Jackson as the artist.
(2018-08-22, 14:13)docwra Wrote: [ -> ] Is this related to the setting "Show Song and Album Artists!"? in media >> music settings perhaps?

Try turning it off then rescanning, it should then only show Michael Jackson as the artist. 
And in so doing disguise a potential fault in the music file tagging, so please don't do that @MrSliff, just let me have your data.