Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange issue when tuning into CNBC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am observing a strange issue when tuning into CNBC which I receive via DVB-S/Sattelite.

When switching to CNBC channel, the picture freezes almost immediately while audio continues for a few secons and then stops. Then, I see the ring which indicates buffering filling upto 100% but no progress. The picture just remains frozen.

I can confirm this issue both on my Raspberry Pi with a recent Milhouse built (from August 20) and on my Ubuntu system which runs a recent self-compiled nightly built. PVR backend is a VDR 2.4.0 running on the same Ubuntu system in combination with a DD DVB-S/S2 dual tuner card.

For the time intervall I had switched to CNBC I see the follwing lines in my kodi log:

@Karellen - Log removed
You have 174 posts already, and yet you still haven't noticed the
Do not post logs in the forum. Use https : //paste.ubuntu.com/ or similar
sign above the Post Reply button..?
(2018-08-22, 23:25)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You have 174 posts already, and yet you still haven't noticed the
Do not post logs in the forum. Use https : //paste.ubuntu.com/ or similar
sign above the Post Reply button..?
 Actually, I have...
could you pastebin the log?

btw: I tried with CNBC provided on Astra and did not notice any issues.
Sorry for the delay; was offline for a couple of days.

For the dbug log see here

I recreated the issue after a fresh start of kodi with debug logging turned on, tuning into CNBC, then one channel down (Bloomberg) and again up into CNBC.
I also tested with streamdev-server plugin taking the stream with vlc directly from vdr. This way is worked flawlessly. Just happens for CNBC and only in kodi.

BTW: My channels.conf line for CNBC is:
Quote:CNBC Europe;SES ASTRA:11597:VC56M2S0:S19.2E:22000:307+8190=2:308=eng@4:0:0:10030:1:1026:0

Sorry for delay, I was on vacation. I will try to reproduce here.

EDIT:
Hmm, I already did Smile

Can you please post vdr log (syslog) for the non working case?
The reason I had not yet replied is, that I can no longer reproduce the issue. Not sure if this was due to newer kodi code, updated dvb drivers or a change in transmission. vdr version has remained unchanged since I observed the issue initially. Sorry for the noise.