Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Copying addons individually
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If this has been answered before, my mistake. I've searched Google, these forums and YouTube for weeks and haven't figured out how to get this right.

Here's the scoop:
I have a firestick gen 2 with 17.3 on it and an addon or two that is no longer available ANYWHERE. It's starting to die (super slow, stuck on "working", etc.) I cannot even load new addons including the official kodi backup/ restore.

I want to be able to transfer said addon to a new firestick gen 2 with 17.6 loaded on it, but cut out everything else. I can't uninstall addons on the old one because it gets stuck on "working" and I really love this addon, it rhymes with mon- stop.

I have es file explorer on both, am somewhat familiar with ftp/ cloud transfers. I need to know what files/ folders need to be copied. So far, I moved .Kodi/addons/plugins.module."ron-stop" and .kodi/userdata/"ron-stop" and I think one other file that had the name.

I can get the addon to show up on the new firestick after enabling it in the addon manager, but when I try to open it, I get an error and it tells me to check the log. My log, even on expert, only has "Opened kodi" and no other errors.

So what am I missing? Are there dependencies that need added, is this even possible to do or am I sol? Any help is appreciated, thank you!