Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What’s the best PVR addon to record programmed timers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

I just managed to get IPTV working for some public channels and can now watch them. Great Big Grin

Now I want to be able to record. Of course, live, but it should also be possible to programm some timers, and then my HTPC turns on, records the desired program, and turns of, all automatically. There are options within Kodi to adjust this behaviour, but I think it does not work with every PVR addon.

So my question: What PVR addon would you suggest? It should be configurable as easy as possible as I do not have unlimited patience Tongue And, not mandatory but recommended, it should be a “common” PVR that can be installed via debian repository – the big ones listed on PVR_recording_software (wiki) seem to be ok.

I know this has been asked already a dozen times, but I searched the whole subforum and there was never a satisfying answer.

Some hints: I use Debian Stretch with the repository version of Kodi (-> 17). I created my own channel list and do not use EPG (no idea how to do it, the channel list was hard enough; not so important up to now).

Thanks,
Frank