Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15.1 no longer connects to my NAS after NAS upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had 6 Kodi 15.1 on FireTV running in my house with movies stored on my Netgear ReadyNAS for 3-4 years.  No problems.  This week I upgraded the OS on the Netgear NAS in order to get SMB 3.1 capability.  It used to be SMB 1.  After the upgrade I can no longer connect to it from any of the fire TV boxes running Kodi.  So, does that version of Kodi not support newer SMB versions?

I'd upgrade to latest kodi but my kodi is highly customized with a special skin AND I'm using SQL for remote DB so I can have watch flags and pause resume between all the TV's in the house.

If I can determine that I absolutly CAN'T get 15.1 to work on newer SMB then I will have no choice, but I'd like to determine if anything can be done.

I also have the ability to downgrade the SMB on the NAS (which I really don't want to do since SMB3.1.1 and Win 10 push data much faster, and I push data across a WAN circuit which performs MUCH better using the newer SMB (35MB/s on SMB1 vs 55MB/s on 3.1.1, yes site to site at 55 Megabytes (not megabits) per second on Fios residential.

Anyone have any possible solution to my problem?

Roveer
I found a working solution.  I set my nas to allow smbv1 and turned on legacy discovery (on nas), and was able to reconnect by deleting and re-adding the share.  All better.  Dont' think I'm gonna get wannacry on my NAS or FireTV so I'm not too worried about smbv1

Roveer