Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 - Nvidia Shield - advancedsettings.xml (Buffer)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for my question, but i'm a bit confused.

I'm trying to compile the advancedsettings.xml file for Kodi 18 and the Nvidia Shield to optimize the buffer, but on the web I read different instructions:

1) the correct sections is <network>......</network> or <cache>......</cache> ??
2) the correct commands are buffermode/readbufferfactor/cachemembuffersize or buffermode/readfactor/memorysize ?

Thanks.
(2018-08-27, 18:42)mamachan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for my question, but i'm a bit confused.

I'm trying to compile the advancedsettings.xml file for Kodi 18 and the Nvidia Shield to optimize the buffer, but on the web I read different instructions:

1) the correct sections is <network>......</network> or <cache>......</cache> ??
2) the correct commands are buffermode/readbufferfactor/cachemembuffersize or buffermode/readfactor/memorysize ?

Thanks.
 I think it depends on the version of kodi you are using, I have been testing v18-beta and been using the same advanced.xml file from my v17.6 setup and it's working fine on my tv boxes (running Android TV OS like the shield, not the tablet version.)
Can I get a copy of someones file setup
The "advancedsettings.xml" file for Nvidia Shield is the same of other platform.

This is my "advancedsettings.xml" for buffering 50MB and I use it both for Raspberry Pi (Kodi 18 via LibreELEC) and for Nvidia Shield (Kodi 18):

xml:

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
  <memorysize>52428800</memorysize>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <readfactor>10</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>
Thanks.