Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4k h.265 10bit .mkv not playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to open the video on my phone (Motorola moto X force(European name for the droid turbo 2)) from my pc over the local network the screen wigs out and after 10 seconds or so android kicks my to the home screen with the message on screen saying "kodi it is not responding", I'll try to record exactly what happens and upload it to YouTube tomorrow (unlisted but with a link from here

Kodi version is 17.6
Pc has a 1gb wired connection with the 5gh router that my phone is connected to
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I will add that with the video tomorrow, my other phone actually tries to desplay the same video (it struggled to play it as expected but sound does actually play(just))
https://youtu.be/YgXC9qQxYT8

Pastebin will not accept the log until i pay for "pro", it has a 512kb file limit and the file is nearly 4mb, what do you want me to do with the logs, i've saved them on a seperate pc so i don't over right them
Playing the same video locally does the same thing, vlc on android plays the sound and a second of the video, could it be the phone gpu not able to decode it
Quick look at specs indicates the phone has a Snapdragon 810 which only supports 8 bit HEVC

If you transcode one of your videos to 8 bit and it plays that will be your issue
(2018-08-31, 14:24)jools5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Quick look at specs indicates the phone has a Snapdragon 810 which only supports 8 bit HEVC

If you transcode one of your videos to 8 bit and it plays that will be your issue

Thank you

I'll try that later (when I find some software to do it)
Handbrake is a good all round transcoder that is free