Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ListItem.Property(Role.????) - Missing Wiki property's, Container(50) issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a full list of the role property's somewhere?

I have found some not in the wiki;
ListItem.Property(Role.Mix)
ListItem.Property(Role.Drums)
ListItem.Property(Role.Guitars)
ListItem.Property(Role.Percussion)
ListItem.Property(Role.Keyboard)

My issue is i am trying to code the DialogMusicInfo.xml
Container(50) puts each person as a separate ListItem. i.e. Instead of Role: Name/Name/Name, Role: Name, then next line, Role: Name ect.

I have this in my advanced settings if that makes a difference;
<musiclibrary>
        <itemseparator>/</itemseparator>
</musiclibrary>

Cheers
Mr. V
Since Krypton Kodi can process and store music file tag data about standard music artist roles: composer, conductor, lyricist, remixer, arranger, engineer, producer, DJmixer and mixer (from TIPL tag in mp3), and any value pairs in the TMCL/performer tags e.g. drummer, piano, vocalist etc. giving the contribution an artist makes to a music recording.

So the actual roles can be anything that the user has put in the appropriate tags,  and they can be accessed by the skin using ListItem.Property(Role.XXXX) where XXXX is a role description e.g. "composer" or "drummer"
ListItem.contributors and ListItem.contributorandrole list all much like cast for video.
Library.HasContent(Role, XXXXXX) returns if there are any artists with that role in the library.

See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2206282

The  <itemseparator> setting is not related to this.

Quote:Container(50) puts each person as a separate ListItem. i.e. Instead of Role: Name/Name/Name, Role: Name, then next line, Role: Name ect.
Yes it does, it is using ListItem.contributorandrole. Choice at the moment is between this which gives every role/artist sepoarately, or using the individual role lables for specific roles.

It is my initial attempt in 2016 at making the data available to the skin, waiting for skinners to get interested and discuss what else may be needed. I am open to suggestions, and adding core support for it, but fear that in beta phase it is too late for v18.
i could find these roles in the kodi source-code:
  • Arranger
  • Band
  • Composer
  • Conductor
  • DJMixer
  • Engineer
  • Ensemble
  • Lyricist
  • Mixer
  • Producer
  • Remixer
  • Writer

but if i understand correctly, they can have any value.
it simply depends on what roles have been added to the id3 tags of the song.
..perhaps @DaveBlake can confirm
heh.. he already beat me to it :-)