Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Doubt about USB path on KODI (Mi Box 3 GLOBAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I have a doubt regarding USB volume naming on Kodi with my Mi Box 3, as I'm having some problems with my external HDD's.

My current setup is a USB HDD dock plugged into the USB port of the Mi Box. I have several HDDs with different media that I swap on the HDD dock as needed.

Kodi detects well the HDD's and I can add them as sources and play from them, but only the first time they are plugged in and added to sources.

That's because kodi detect the HDD's with random device name.

Scenario:
HDD 2TB exFAT
Volume name: series

When I first plug this HDD, Kodi show the path as /storage/random_device_number/volume_name (trimmed to one character only).
For example: /storage/35423735-2d37-4439-3700-b6ff679b42f1/s

I can play from it flawlessly, but when the USB dock is shutdown and turned on again (even without swapping discs), Kodi shows this:
/storage/DIFFERENT_RANDOM_DEVICE_NUMBER/s

So Kodi is unable to find the old path and you have to reescan again to make it work. You end up wasting time and having duplicates on your library (the old path and the new path)

Anyone know if this random naming is a common thing or amb I missing something here?

Thanks a lot!
I have the same issue.
Thinking of rolling back to NTFS...