Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transponder.TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2018-10-25, 13:30)kirkydman Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody have a list of the 20 free ones by any chance?

Ah found them here they are if anyone wants to know
"bbctwo", "channel5", "4seven", "idealworld", "pop", "qvc" "kerrang", "freesports", "createandcraft", "drama", "itv3", "movies4men", "qvc", "travelchannel", "bbcnews", "cbeebies", "yourtv", "s4c", "bbcalba", "tvwarehouse", "magictv"
Looks like my trial period has ended and thought I would offer my experience to anyone who might want to try this service and add on.

As for the add on itself, it worked fine, except the guide never worked for me - uEPG Error (check the log).  I thought I would wait until my free trial ended before posting my log and seeking help.

Had the above channels remained (for me) I would have continued using this add on.  But I was left with nine channels (not twenty as was stated earlier) and for the most part they are shopping channels, so not of much use: BBC Alba (Scottish), Create and Craft (shopping), Drama (drama and comedy), Ideal World (shopping), Kerrang! TV (rock music videos), QVC (shopping), Travel Channel, TV Warehouse (infomercials), YourTV (crime) (Scottish)

Not meaning to complain but I just want others, who like me, are not inclined to pay for these services to know what they are getting into.  I am trying to compile the best list of Kodi add ons to use legally and had this add on had the remaining channels I was expecting it would have been another good step (that's why I love Locast).   I'm always trying to keep in mind that if we cut the cable cord we shouldn't be purchasing services to the point where it would have been cheaper and easier to keep the cable, so I go to the other extreme.

Anyway, that was my experience I hope some find it of use.
@Lunatixz Suddenly having issue with addon where Live, Lineup and Guide Options of addon all appear to be stuck with invalid channel/programme information from Tue 10/09 and as a consequence none of live channels will currently commence streamed playback.

I have a recording which starts and plays back OK from addon.
I have removed and re-installed Transponder.TV addon (but currently not any of addons dependencies)
Issue is still present and persists after removal and reinstall of addon. (which makes me think a dependency currently has a problem)

Kodi debug.log

Never seen this issue before and addon is working absolutely fine on other devices.
Be aware I am running latest build of v19 LibreELEC Testbuild for RaspberryPi
(Where I have already stepped back to beginning of September build before issue occurred and back to latest build again, with no change in my issue on this particular device)

Any guidance to resolve issue is appreciated.
Sorry to hear, nothing stands out in your log... Sadly Transponder.TV has not been receptive to my previous attempts to contact them. After developing this plugin they locked many aspects of their service/channels behind a paywall. Limiting my access (I have a free account); It was only a matter of time before something broke.

If you are a paid subscriber you should consider reaching out to them and let them know to contact me. THX
Thanks for response.  By review/deduction of most likely Transponder.TV addon dependence, believe I have managed to resolve issue by :-
  • Stopping kodi, re-naming existing simplecache.db to simplecache.old.db
  • Start kodi, access Transponder.TV addon and enter Live Option (thus requesting rebuild of required Transponder.TV cache information into clean newly created simplecache.db)
  • Everything appears to be working correctly again. (for the moment)
Of course don't wish to mess with existing simplecache.db to often, as I understand this db provides cached information for other addons in addition to Transponder.TV
(2019-08-12, 14:54)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]I was left with nine channels (not twenty as was stated earlier) and for the most part they are shopping channels, so not of much use: BBC Alba (Scottish), Create and Craft (shopping), Drama (drama and comedy), Ideal World (shopping), Kerrang! TV (rock music videos), QVC (shopping), Travel Channel, TV Warehouse (infomercials), YourTV (crime)
One less channel from the free package of Transponder TV

From the YourTV website

We have taken the difficult decision to close YourTV and the channel will no longer be available from noon on Friday 27th September 2019 in the UK. We would like to thank all of our loyal viewers and fans for all of their support over the last four years. You can continue to watch your favourite YourTV programmes such as Bones and The Mentalist on FOX, via Sky, NowTV, Virgin Media, Talk Talk and TVPlayer.
I finally subscribed to the Bronze service as it seems stable enough and @Lunatixz 's add-on makes it fully functional in Kodi.

Couple of inputs for possible improvement:

- Starting channels is practically instant from the web interface. With the add-on, it takes 20-25 sec for the channel to start. Maybe this.could be improved in a future version..?
- Guide acts erradic and mostly will not start. I disabled it and use Lineup for the most part (although it's rather slow as well).
- I will be contacting transponder.tv to urge them to contact @Lunatixz . I think they could benefit from this interaction as much as it could help maintaining it for a dev. Win-win right ?Wink

To anyone that plans to subscribe to a plan because of the advertised HD channels- there aren't any. I will ask for a timeframe as it is announced as 'coming soon' for ages ..

Thanks to Lunatixz for creating a means to use the service within the greatest media center around !

Regards,

Atreyu
The transponder.tv website offers the option to download recordings to local storage from the 'Recordings' page. Nice.

@Lunatixz could this function be implemented in the add-on? This would be a huge addition to functionality..!
If I can help going through some motions let me know
No response from either party.
Worth a try anyway, and as said current state is very usable. I'll continue the subscription for now and just use it as-is :-)

Regards,

A.
(2019-10-23, 08:01)Atreyu Wrote: [ -> ]Blush No response from either party.
Worth a try anyway, and as said current state is very usable. I'll continue the subscription for now and just use it as-is :-)

Regards,

A.
Hi just got this addon works well but epg not working.i like addon! thanx
EPG fixed in v.1.0.3

Can someone let me know if recording still works? queue and playback; THX
(2019-10-23, 15:09)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]EPG fixed in v.1.0.3

Can someone let me know if recording still works? queue and playback; THX
Sure, where can we find v.1.0.3 as I dont believe its available via your beta repo and/or via kodi repo just yet?

I can confirm that visibilty of and playback of recordings is working fine in v.1.0.2, keen to test EPG and see if I can queue recordings from within EPG when v.1.0.3 available.

Thank you for creating, maintaining and updating this very useful kodi addon Lunatixz Cool
I will test as soon as I am able to Smile
(2019-10-24, 07:23)Atreyu Wrote: [ -> ]I will test as soon as I am able to Smile

Guide does not start on Windows and CE. It never has.
Rest of the functionality (Lineup, Scheduling and playing recordings) work fine in 1.0.3.

Logfile if needed: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8s43Ygd9hc/

(2019-10-24, 16:29)Atreyu Wrote: [ -> ]Guide does not start on Windows and CE. It never has.

It never has? It worked at release and as of yesterday; please make sure you have my beta repo installed for the latest version of Transponder and uEPG. I'll push updates to Kodi soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9