Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Force Files to Appear if not in TVBD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Beavis and Butt-Head seasons 1-8, all nomenclature fine and TVDB scraper finds everything OK. In the same directory as the scraped files, I have a three-part series that is not in the TVDB.  As I understand it, and please understand that I an a well-intentioned noob seeking wisdom, Kodi will not show the unmatched episodes as long as it can't scrape the corresponding metadata.  Question:  How can I force those three videos to show in the list in TV Shows\Beavis & Butthead\ ?
You will need to use NFO Files. See the link in My Signature below.

Easiest would be to Export your library to Separate Files. This will create NFO Files for titles that have been scraped. It will also give you an idea how and where they are saved.

Now just grab one of these NFO Files for B&Butt... and modify it to suit the unscraped items. Most XML tags in the file are self explanatory, or check the wiki page I mentioned earlier.

Note You need to name the episode file correctly. So decide where you want it displayed - In the Specials or at the end of an existing season, or even create Season 9 if it does not exist on TVDB. Just make sure it does not conflict with items already listed at TVDB.
I've recently added the entire BnB series to my library. All episodes named properly and metadata and nfo's scraped with Media Companion 3...
For some reason Kodi doens't want anything to do with it.
Right now its showing 2 episodes and they are not even listed properly.
I have over 100 tv series all set up with MC3 and have never had any problems... any ideas?
(2019-07-05, 14:41)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently added the entire BnB series to my library. All episodes named properly and metadata and nfo's scraped with Media Companion 3...
I have over 100 tv series all set up with MC3 and have never had any problems... any ideas?
Turn on debug level logging and scan your tv shows.  Look at the log and see what was found for this series.  It should have found your nfo files, if not you need to look at those nfo files.

scott s.
(2019-07-05, 15:42)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 14:41)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently added the entire BnB series to my library. All episodes named properly and metadata and nfo's scraped with Media Companion 3...
Turn on debug level logging and scan your tv shows.  Look at the log and see what was found for this series.  It should have found your nfo files, if not you need to look at those nfo files.

scott s.

Thanks, not sure exactly what that log was showing but it didn't look right.
I just said screw it and deleted all the nfo's and had MC3 rescan and then Kodi.
Now it is showing everything.
@huttdes

I know you have solved the issue, but can you post the tvshow.nfo you had when it was not scanning. One of the episode nfo files will be useful also.
(2019-07-05, 22:16)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@huttdes

I know you have solved the issue, but can you post the tvshow.nfo you had when it was not scanning. One of the episode nfo files will be useful also.

Recycle bin to the rescue :-)

There is no way to attach an actual file here, is there? Even something as small as an .nfo?
Anyway... sent them to mega NFO's

I sent copies of the non-working file as well as the new ones.
Hope it helps.
Thanks.

Open your tvshow.nfo and this is your problem...

xml:
<episodeguide>
<url cache="75863.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/75863/all/en.zip</url>
</episodeguide>

That is v1 API for TVDB, but Kodi is using v2 API. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588 If all your tvshows have the v1 API link, then none of them will work. Are you using an old version of the software or maybe you have held onto these nfo files for quite a while? You will need to speak to the Media Manager developer for fixes. But your "Fixed" tvshow.nfo file is still using v1 API, so I don't know how you got it to work.

Another issue that may become a problem is the wrong ID's are being used.

If you want to upload data, use Kodi Paste Site The link is in red text above the Post Reply button