Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to configure Kodi for Android TV to use built-in tuner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Kogan KALED55KU8000SZA 55-inch Smart TV - identified by My Device Pro as an "MStar Android TV" from "MStar Semiconductor". It runs Android TV 5.1.1 ("Lollipop"), Build aosp_arbutus-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 1.1.20170720.153235 test-keys.

I would like to be able to watch television from within Kodi for Android TV, however I cannot seem to work out how to get Kodi for Android TV to detect my television's built-in tuner.

Can anyone help me get my television's built-in tuner working with Kodi for Android TV?
You almost certainly won't be able to.

Normally the built-in tuners aren't made accessible and available to the wider software environment, and so Kodi can't see or use them.
Oh... That's a shame.

Thanks anyway.
I used the Google Live Channels app to access my Sony's TV tuner (but not in Kodi). I think your OS is too old to run Live Channels though.
(2018-09-06, 11:37)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]I used the Google Live Channels app to access my Sony's TV tuner (but not in Kodi). I think your OS is too old to run Live Channels though.
 Yeah, the Google Play Store says it's not compatible with any of my devices... I'm not too fussed though - I've gone to great lengths to disable, remove or disuse as much of the "Google" stuff on my Android devices as I can, so I'd rather stick with television directly via Kodi anyway.

But, it just gives me an excuse to build my own Ubuntu and Kodi-powered HTPC... Wink