Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi18 - cannot assign a hotkey for opensubtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Kodi16 I could assign a blue button on my android tv to opensubtitles.org addon and now I cannot - it is not in the list. Is this a fault of opensubtitles addon, a keymap editor addod, a kodi or I am doing it all wrong? Thanks
I have a shortcut to downloading subtitles, whatever subtitle service is enabled.
xml:

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<F5>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</F5>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>
Adjust the used key accordingly for your situation.

Install the Keymap editor addon to see which key value the blue button has.
If you are having issues accessing the subtitles. Here are few steps for you, as per my experience: 

From your Home Screen, Go to "Add-ons"
Now Click on the "Box" icon you see at the top left of the screen
Now Click on "Search", and enter string query "opensubtitle"
Now Click on the Folder Named "Subtitles -  OpenSubtitles.org" 
Now Click on the Fourth Option at the bottom named as "Install"
Once installed, click on the "Configure" button and you will see "username" & "password" fields.
Go to the site and register if you haven't already. once registered, you can insert the credentials here for username and password.
Now go to your video addon section and go to "settings>subtitles" and turn the enable substitle switch on. 
Now press ok, and jump back to your movies section and select a random movie and play, it will surely work.

There is no need to download open-subtitles add-on or something like that to access the subtitles.