Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rii i8+ 2.4ghz Use Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I switched over from using Windows and Android to Linux Mint for Kodi. Until now, the Play/Pause button on my Rii remote/keyboard worked. However, now on Mint, I notice that it zooms in. I actually like having access to the zoom function, but I'd rather it be some other key. I tried using Keymap Editor, but it won't remap that button. What can I do? Thanks much in advance.
Is your remote functioning as a keyboard?  Are you using lirc?
make sure that your desktop (if you run one) doesn't intercept the keypress.
Yes, it functions as a remote and keyboard.  I do not use lirc.  It has a USB dongle.
Go to Settings > System > Logging. Click Enable Debug Logging and press the play/pause button a few times, then disable it again. Then go to ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log and see what it says. You should see lines like this:
Code:
12:34:56.789 T:123456789012345  DEBUG: OnKey: play_pause (0xf0bd) pressed, action is PlayPause
This might help in the event you were mapping the wrong key, but I'm guessing you've already done this and/or it does indeed have the right key mapping.
Thanks much for replying, but yes...I had already done that.  I figured out what was causing it.  The distro had shortcuts setup for a lot of things, which is nice, but one of them was Play.  So, all I had to do was remove that.  Simple once you know what it is.  Big Grin