Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick IPTV PVR client and Backend configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm totally new about Kodi so maybe this could be the "noobest" thread. Maybe it's not the right section too. But I'll try anyway.

So I have an amazon Firestick, I installed Kodi, I configured IPTV PRV simple client and anything is good. I watch live TV and contents very well.
I read (and I tried out) that PVR simple client does not allow to pause, go back and forward on the contents. It's something very uncomfortable.

I read I need a local backend and the PVR client configured with the local backend address,
but I don't understand how.

Can I combine backend and PVR client both in Kodi in the firestick? (I suppose no)
Or I need to separate the things?

If I need to separate I have to install an IPTV client on my firestick (not the PVR simple client cause it does not have native pause, back and forward) (Maybe Argus TV or MythTV or other suggestion?)
and what's the best cheap solution for the backend? A raspberry? A Kodi Box? any suggestion?

I searched online but I could'n find anything about.
Thank in advance for your help.
nobody answer? please
Simple client IPTV does have rewind and pause capabilities, but it comes down to the backend's playlist ability to do so. Example, if your IPTV stream can't pause, when you pause it will either pause then resume from the live position or crash. Think of it this way, the backend does all the work (create guide data, channel playlist, record storage, etc). The pvr client (Simple Client IPTV) collects and correlates this information then feeds it to the Kodi PVR. Simple client does have the ability to rewind, pause and fast forward. It will depend on the streams in the playlist and the backend you use.

There are some backends on Kodi but they are limited to usually epg data and playlist creation. Sorry I can't offer any other help as I've never used any other backend with Simple client.