Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File manager - Home Folder Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I have recently re-compiled XBMC from a sub-directory within my home folder.

Originally

/home/user/XBMC

Re-compile
/home/user/xbmc-test/XBMC

The problem is that the Home Folder is my file manager references the non-existent xbmc-test folder (I deleted source after installing) and I was wondering how to re-assign that particular source to my actualy home folder.

I am not given an option to edit source in file manager, and sources.xml and mediasources.xml in userdata did not have the correct entries.

Other than this minor hiccup XBMC runs great, and my shuttle box is nice and quiet.

Thanks in advance
Sorry, this post is not so much a solution to your problem, but a suggestion:

I would stop compiling XBMC from svn and start using the PPA builds. The PPA builds offer nightly svn if you are concerned about staying bleeding edge. By using the PPA you don't need to worry about the problem you stated here. Go PPA.
Done and done, thanks!
sorry im new to the structure (and linux) but where can i find mediasources.xml (kindly exact path ... really new to linux)
It's created when you add a source from the GUI. Should be located somewhere in ~/.xbmc, though there is no reason to ever edit it by hand.