Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some, not all,Music.flac files disappeared from library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some Music.Flac files that have been in my library for years are suddenly missing from music library. Files have not moved and are still playable from the files folder but will not scan into library. THESE ARE FILES THAT WERE IN MY LIBRARY DAYS AGO THAT SUDDENLY WILL NOT SCAN INTO MUSIC  LIBRARY! No changes made on my end.

Update: After attempting clean library musiclibrary/songs is empty. Artist and Album do have some data. Again this is an existing library that worked fine until recently.

Kodi log uploader error stating the file is too large <1M

Kodi 17.6
Libelec/HTPC
Media connected via USB3 hard drives.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem. In your case perform an Update Library.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Kodi log uploader error stating the file is too large <1M

FML.
Did you restart Kodi as detailed in step 2?

Locate the file via a file manager in Kodi or via the OS file browser on your computer and upload it manually to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ as they accept larger logs.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access
Yes I did reboot. followed steps multiple times. Running Kodi/Librelec on dedicated home theater PC I was able to extract the Kodi.log from my Windows PC via network. Found kodi.log in a zip file dated today. pasted txt into ubuntu.
Hope I did this right. Looking at the log myself it looks like perpetual scan failures.https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/svkvNNXp8S/
There are a lot of folders/albums that have not been scanned into the library. It is unclear though whether they have never been scanned, or it is part of the problem you mention. Can you provide the names of a few albums that were in the library that are no longer there.
XML:
DoScan Scanning dir '/var/media/AUDIO/[FLAC]/cdartbu/Black Slate/' as not in the database

Then there are lots of errors due to folders not existing...
XML:
16:11:42.553 T:140209333200640 WARNING: Process directory '/var/media/AUDIO/[FLAC]/Accept/' does not exist - skipping scan.
16:11:42.556 T:140208452392704 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/media/AUDIO/[FLAC]/3 Doors Down/

And then you do have folders scanned into the library...
XML:
16:15:19.748 T:140016705582848 DEBUG: DoScan Skipping dir '/var/media/AUDIO/[FLAC]/L.A. Guns/' due to no change

Take note of the paths and check whether they exist, or if they are remnants from a recent library re-organisation.

From what I can see, the unscanned items are in one particular network source. It is quite possible this source was unavailable at a time when you ran a Clean Library, and the entries were removed.

Moved to Music
Greatly appreciate your help, but what is puzzling to me is that no changes were made. This library has been running for more than a year. One thing (I think) I've noticed is that the scan seems to be searching in sub folders for audio files. Is that right? All flac files are in a huge pile in the Parent "[flac]" folder. Sub folders only contain artist artwork/CD art ect. only. Does that change anything?

FWIW I use/manage the same library/files via LAN on a separate machine using Winamp. Winamp reads/scans everything perfectly. Does any of that make a difference in the diagnosis? I dunno.   ...Grateful.
Never did figure out why I could not rescan my library to fix the issue but I resolved it by loading a backup config. Full music library looks to be back now including files I added AFTER I created the backup a year or so ago. Fixed but mystery remains.
(2018-09-07, 07:53)LeakyBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Sub folders only contain artist artwork/CD art ect. only. Does that change anything
Yes, it changes how we view and interpret the log. I did not expect all music files to be in one folder, nor did I go looking for that when i saw all your artist/album subfolders.

(2018-09-07, 07:53)LeakyBrain Wrote: [ -> ]but what is puzzling to me is that no changes were made
Yep, you may not have made any intentional changes, but unnoticed accidents happen- one possible scenario I explained in my previous post.

(2018-09-07, 07:53)LeakyBrain Wrote: [ -> ]One thing (I think) I've noticed is that the scan seems to be searching in sub folders for audio files. Is that right?
Yes it is right. Kodi is hunting for music files. Those folders are located in the Source you nominated, so Kodi will be searching them.

(2018-09-07, 23:46)LeakyBrain Wrote: [ -> ]but I resolved it by loading a backup config.
Ok, great that it is solved. Weird how you loaded a backup file yet still display music from after the backup. As long as you got it working.
The key thing is the scan started working again after backup. That is how the new files were added.