Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: JSON-RPC not answering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just recently updated Kodi 17.6 and it seems that all of my JSON-RPC calls are not working anymore. For example
:
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://user:pass@localhost:7777/jsonrpc
When the debug logging is enabled I can see this single line for every request
:
DEBUG: CWebServer[7777]: request received for /jsonrpc
but there is no response. It doesn't even matter if I put credentials in the request or not.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks, kopi
First to which device OS you need to send the json-rpc?

and check the port number of the user I think it's not 7777
(2018-09-09, 22:30)networkmad Wrote: [ -> ]First to which device OS you need to send the json-rpc?

and check the port number of the user I think it's not 7777
hello networkmad and thanks for your response

i'm running kodi on ubuntu 18.04.

shouldn't it be the same port as for the webinterface? i configured it that way. and when i try another port, eg 7778, i'll get
Code:
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 7778: Connection refused
the curl version, if it matters
Code:
curl 7.58.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.58.0 OpenSSL/1.1.0g zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.4 libpsl/0.19.1 (+libidn2/2.0.4) nghttp2/1.30.0 librtmp/2.3
Release-Date: 2018-01-24
Could you provide with full log as file. Enable full logs !
I tested a few more things and it seems it has to do with my password. I changed it to a much simpler one and that was working. Then I tried a few other, more complex, which were also working. Guess it's time to set a new password anyway...

But thanks for your interest, kopi
Good news to let it work...about password issue...sometimes check the typing letters and numbers in plain text because ssh access in Linux type some characters not correctly...sometimes happened with me!

Good Luck