Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange Logging behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope someone can help with this.  My inexperience my mean the answer is that it is expected behaviour but I'm not sure.

When I use either the tail -F or grab-log -A -P commands, in the first instance with tail -F, it shows the contents of the log from when I log in via the SSH, not from when the RP2 booted up.  The log add-on does show everything from boot up onwards.
The second instance, the grab-log, the whole log does scroll past as the information is being written to the window, but by the time it has finished writing, allowing me to scroll through the info. I can only see the old kodi log, nothing else.  If I use the grab-log -A to post it to paste.osmc.tv, the whole log appears.  I have tried using -A -C i get an error "/boot/uploadlog.txt: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/boot/uploadlog.txt: line 1: `Logs created on: 2018-09-11 00:14:56 - (Uptime = 749.06)'"

Which also seems to be giving problems when I try to copy the file from the Pi to the laptop I am using to SSH, although perhaps I am just getting the syntax of the scp command wrong.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
grab-log is part of OSMC rather than kodi, so probably best to ask here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/
Thanks - I new my inexperience would catch me out!