Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi audio issue. Downgrades audio bit deapth ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, when i use Kodi (bitstream settings on) if i press the ''o" button i can see playback info. Whatever movie i bitstream with DTS X, DTS-HD, Dolby True HD or Atmos sound in the info kodi says raw, raw,raw,raw,raw,raw,raw,raw,PT_DTSHD, 8bits, 48000hz. My issue is with the 8bits i know the movies i tested are 24bits. Does Kodi downgrades the audio files? In my receiver i can see e.g DTS X MA so movie is bitstreamed.
i5 6500 cpu, intel HD 530 internal graphics,
asus H 110M-D Motherboard,
8GB ram ,
ssd hard disk.
I bitstream movies to a yamaha rxv-581 receiver.

if it was playing 8 bit audio you would know.  trust somebody who's old enough to be aruond when that was actually a thing Wink
it's not the audio that is 8 bit, it's just how passthrough is encoded. it really shouldn't be displaying that crap to scare users.
(2018-09-14, 13:48)spiff Wrote: [ -> ]if it was playing 8 bit audio you would know.  trust somebody who's old enough to be aruond when that was actually a thing Wink
it's not the audio that is 8 bit, it's just how passthrough is encoded. it really shouldn't be displaying that crap to scare users.
 Thank you! This 8bit crap is scary indeed!