Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to have a dialog pop up when a setting is enabled in addon config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm working on adding autotimer support to the VuPlus/Enigma2 addon. There are some settings that need to be set on STB for the timer rules to correctly show child timers.

When this is enabled in addon settings I'd like to pop up a dialog stating which settings need to be set, so just an info popup.

Just wondering if this is possible and what would be the best way to do it. If it's not this an always be done in online docs, but on the settings screen would be a better user experience.

Thanks in advance
Don't think popups are possible. You can queue messages, however only after the addon is started and they are only displayed for a short time.

I'm using setting dependencies. e.g. B is only available if A is enabled. C is enabled if B is greater than foo. Disabled settings are greyed out.

You can find some examples of dependencies in other PVRs settings.xml. However don't use mine as I've migrated to the new setting format. Do not think any other PVR has done that.
(2018-09-14, 12:59)manül Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think popups are possible. You can queue messages, however only after the addon is started and they are only displayed for a short time.

I'm using setting dependencies. e.g. B is only available if A is enabled. C is enabled if B is greater than foo. Disabled settings are greyed out.

You can find some examples of dependencies in other PVRs settings.xml. However don't use mine as I've migrated to the new setting format. Do not think any other PVR has done that.

I might look at the new settings format and see what it offers. I really just need to add some descriptive text for one of the features.

Any pointers on how to start using the new settings format?

I don’t see any docs for it.
I usually look at Kodis source files directly or the big settings.xml in system/settings. You can find mine at pvr.dvbviewer/resources/settings.xml.
(2018-09-30, 21:26)manül Wrote: [ -> ]I usually look at Kodis source files directly or the big settings.xml in system/settings. You can find mine at pvr.dvbviewer/resources/settings.xml.

Perfect, thanks!

And props on the great addon, it was the main project I used to bridge the feature gap on Vuplus so thanks again 😉
Yeah, some files look familiar :-)