Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Performance Monitoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I have set up a monitoring (Pandora FMS).

My Kodi Setup:

5 clients (4x windows, 1x raspberry pi), 1 nas. The clients all connect to a central database on the NAS and all get their videos / music / photos via Samba from the NAS.

My Question:

Which parameters, which parts of what system should I monitor to find out about Kodi performance problems? I experience Kodi crashes / freezes quite often, especially when changing profiles or, interestingly enough, pressing the stop button. Both behaviors happen with Estuary (the skin on my main PC which I use for adding content) *and* with Arctic Zephyr (which I prefer for it looks, but doesn't support the mouse and isn't as quick to use and runs on most other Kodi installations).

The monitoring runs on a dedicated Raspberry Pi 3B+, my "main" Kodi also runs on a (different) Raspberry Pi 3B+, everything is connected via 1 GBit Ethernet cables.

Thanks for your suggestions!
(2018-09-17, 16:21)annomatik Wrote: [ -> ]to find out about Kodi performance problems

As "performance" problems could be anything, you should either be a bit more specific what kind of problems you have or simply provide a Debug Log