Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'Hide progress of library updates' option not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've since moved from Windows to Libreelec ever since v17 to the now new Beta V18 "hide progress of library updates" option does not work. Everytime the library updates the progress bar comes up stopping you doing whatever you are doing.

Does anyone know if this will ever be fixed. I've a Windows machine running the windows version and several Kodi boxes running Libreelec and all are the same.
Thread moved to OS independent as is affecting multiple platforms.

Please don't post duplicate threads.
(2018-09-17, 22:30)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ]new Beta V18 "hide progress of library updates" option does not work.
Is this with the Kodi default skin Estuary?
(just wondering, it might not be important)
(2018-09-17, 22:42)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-17, 22:30)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ]new Beta V18 "hide progress of library updates" option does not work.
Is this with the Kodi default skin Estuary?
(just wondering, it might not be important)

I've only ever used the default skin but yes that's the one I use.
Could you post some screen shots of what you are seeing?  I don't have that option enabled, and all I get during library updates is a non-modal dialog in the upper left hand corner showing update progress.  I'm able to continue doing whatever I normally do.  And when I enable the option I see nothing.  I'm wondering if there is some addon that's getting triggered during the library update that's throwing up a modal dialog box.
This is what I get,

That's not 'updating' it's 'cleaning'.
(2018-09-18, 09:33)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]That's not 'updating' it's 'cleaning'.
 This option is on the same screen as hide library updates. Its an annoying pop up that unless you cancel stops you using Kodi. How can you turn it off?
Disable clean after update.
(2018-09-18, 09:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Disable clean after update.
 Need the update to run but don't want this massive box, it could do with being smaller or being able to hide it completely.
How often do you need to run the clean action anyway?
I only do that 2-3 times a year, and I'm getting a coffee (or whatever) or do something else when it runs
(2018-09-18, 10:05)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ] Need the update to run but don't want this massive box, it could do with being smaller or being able to hide it completely.

Again...the box you see is NOT from a library update. It's from a library clean which you obviously have configured in your advancedsettings.xml to be done automatically after an update. If you disable the "clean on update" option in your advancedsettings.xml, that box won't come up.
(2018-09-18, 16:38)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-18, 10:05)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ] Need the update to run but don't want this massive box, it could do with being smaller or being able to hide it completely.

Again...the box you see is NOT from a library update. It's from a library clean which you obviously have configured in your advancedsettings.xml to be done automatically after an update. If you disable the "clean on update" option in your advancedsettings.xml, that box won't come up.  
 Thanks for explaining that. I do want to have a cleanup done regularly, however is there not a less intrusive box that can be used or an option similar to "hide library updates" a "hide library cleanup" option could be added.
(2018-09-18, 17:00)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ]however is there not a less intrusive box that can be used
currently not, sorry

(2018-09-18, 17:00)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ]or an option similar to "hide library updates" a "hide library cleanup" option could be added

That might generally be possible, but that would be a feature request Wink as no such feature currently exists. As I find the idea kind of interesting and sometimes lurking for a way how to experiment with the code, I see what I might be able to do (if noone else beats me to it).

But don't expect too much. Even if I find something which might work and I PR that, that doesn't mean it will be accepted by the Team.
(2018-09-18, 17:00)richardc1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I do want to have a cleanup done regularly, however is there not a less intrusive box that can be used or an option similar to "hide library updates" a "hide library cleanup" option could be added. 
Performing a full clean of either music or video libraries is an intrusive process, unlike library update where other library use can continue at the same time during cleaning it can't. The dialog box is not going to be made smaller or hidden as it is appropriate that it is instrusive (and @DaVu if you do want to explore core code and experiment then I suggest you don't start here).

Again I have to question why you feel the need to do a full clean up so regularly? Library orphans are quietly removed by the standard library update process, the "clean on update" setting will go further and remove items related to any media sources it can not locate e.g. deleted folders but also any removeable drives that happen to be unplugged. But none of this cleans the textures, which frankly is the thing that gets full of clutter more than anything else. Is your library content varying so much that regualrly? Perhaps it is, in which case the intrusion of full clean up is the price you pay for removing deleted folders and files from the library.
Pages: 1 2