Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does Kodi on XBone S support HDR playback?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if I interpret "local media" as correct when I include UHD HDR Blu-Ray discs. (Or maybe I don't understand the issue at hand.)

But this video (from 18:20 in) shows how to setup your TV (LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony) properly to get proper UHD HDR output from the XBOX console. In other words to make your XBOX recognise your TV as a UHD HDR capable device.
Before that he goes through the relevant XBOX settings, actually showing you what happens to the signal that the XBOX sends when you switch them off or on.
It's better to watch the whole thing. Just 23m12s.

(2019-01-01, 22:14)Luke Cage Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if I interpret "local media" as correct when I include UHD HDR Blu-Ray discs. (Or maybe I don't understand the issue at hand.)

But this video (from 18:20 in) shows how to setup your TV (LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony) properly to get proper UHD HDR output from the XBOX console. In other words to make your XBOX recognise your TV as a UHD HDR capable device.
Before that he goes through the relevant XBOX settings, actually showing you what happens to the signal that the XBOX sends when you switch them off or on.
It's better to watch the whole thing. Just 23m12s.

The Xbox has had many updates since this video so it's best to ignore the advice and go with something more up-to-date. This is what I currently use myself -

LG 2017 OLEDs - Calibrated Settings for Xbox One X / webOS (SDR/HDR/DV)
(2019-01-02, 00:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ] The Xbox has had many updates since this video so it's best to ignore the advice and go with something more up-to-date. This is what I currently use myself -

LG 2017 OLEDs - Calibrated Settings for Xbox One X / webOS (SDR/HDR/DV)
Thanks. I will go through it to find new(er) stuff.
So, now it can play 4k hdr UHDRemux in kodi 18? I'm looking a nvidia shield but this will be better as it has br player and atmos for headphones.
Thx
No it can't passthrough HDR yet.
(2019-04-01, 07:07)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]No it can't play HDR yet.

this is not true. Kodi can play HDR content but HDR->SDR conversion will be used. Kodi currently doesn't support HDR passthrough mode.
Thanks, corrected.
Pages: 1 2