Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No hardware acceleration on video decoding on Xubuntu 18.04 Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all...
I have an issue using Krypton 17.6 Kodi under Xubuntu 18.04.... it seems that there isn't video decoding and CPU is always under heavy load while playing videos. I965-va-driver and libva2 are installed, and VAAPI is enabled in Kodi settings. Otherwise, videos plays very well under VLC, without any CPU overload. This is quiet annoying as I'm playing videos, sometimes I get some stuttering...

My system is running on Celeron N3010 (Barebone) with iGPU Intel...

Am I the only one getting this issue? Is this a known issue linked to the Kodi release?

I thank you a lot for answers, have a good day !
No help without a Debug Log
Hey Thanks for reply... Here are my logs :

https://pastebin.com/TWgxExZy

Hope this can way you much...
Your log shows that VAAPI is used.
Ok, so I don't understand where my CPU overload comes from... I'm not doing anything so "exotic"...
(2018-09-25, 21:19)Syc0 Wrote: [ -> ] I'm not doing anything so "exotic"...
 you do. you run v17 which is end of life. more than 2 years old and no developer remembers this version
17.6 was released on 14 Nov 2017 and it is the recommended version on kodi website.
It's right... But Kodi seems to use my cpu even while idle. I've just enabled the unstable repository on Xubuntu, and installed the 18 beta 2 version, and got the same issue
Which skin did you use some can be more cpu demanding.
Hi.... The basic one
You seem to run Kodi without a window manager. This is not a supported configuration.
Thanks for you reply, but I get the same issue lauching Kodi with a desktop manager... I think I will wait  for the 18 release !