Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV 4k lagging, stuttering and buffering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

First off, thanks in advance for any help you can provide and here is my debug https://paste.kodi.tv/azusayaruj

I've only had the FTV4k for about a month. Installed 17.6 and it worked fairly well for a few days but now it's unwatchable. Video is in slow motion and constantly buffering and audio is out of sync. 

Current connection is FTV>AVR>TV with hdmi, tv is a 1080p Vizio, avr has 4k passthrough
server is external 11tb hd's>TM-AS1900 router, SMB has worked great for 3 years now

Simple things I've tried:
installed 18.2 over top of 17.6 yesterday
turned on hardware acceleration (this helps a bit but still not right)
switched audio settings to 2.0 and 3.1 (current speaker setup) passthrough/no passthrough
cleared cache on All apps and restarted Kodi 

Hope somebody can help Smile thanks
install a nightly please
@Martijn 

Sorry for delayed response. I finally installed the latest nightly and it's looking good Smile thank you. I'll come back to this thread if it becomes problematic again.
(2018-09-29, 19:31)wpbpete Wrote: [ -> ]@Martijn 

Sorry for delayed response. I finally installed the latest nightly and it's looking good Smile thank you. I'll come back to this thread if it becomes problematic again.

what nightly did you dload? 

playing videos over network keeps buffering on my firetv 4k with wifi