Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: playing videos from my cloud on workgroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed kodi on my xbox one hoping to get larger support for video and audio codex since the xbox one native video player is starting to not support some audio recently, i have a WD My Cloud on my local area network (workgroup) and i was wondering if kodi can access my cloud hard drive on my workgroup and play stuff from there (vidos, audio, pix etc...) how to get that done ?...

and you know xbox one got an HDMI IN and OUT to connect a cable box and watch the stream through the XBOX, by any chance kudi can record this stream ? or even if i sign up for a legit IPTV service, can kodi record anything ??...

thanks,
I stream movies to my Xbox x from a wd my cloud on my same wired gigabit network.

No issues. Cloud drive shows up as a “NFS” drive identified by the IP
(2018-09-29, 00:56)aliitp Wrote: [ -> ]by any chance kudi can record this stream ? or even if i sign up for a legit IPTV service, can kodi record anything ??...
Legit or non-legit (as in your previous posts), Kodi is a content player application and not a recording application.
(2018-09-29, 01:06)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]I stream movies to my Xbox x from a wd my cloud on my same wired gigabit network.

I got Kudi 18.0 Beta 2, this is my first install on the xbox, I managed to see my WD Cloud effortlessly on Windows Kudi, really piece of cake !... but on the xbox it cant see my cloud (I think i know what you mean), it xbox kudi can only see my book IP Address in NFS but when i click on the IP just nothing happens, can u please share how u got this working on the xbox ? and what version of kudi r u using ? did u install any addons etc ??...

thanks,
(2018-10-02, 20:22)aliitp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-29, 01:06)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]I stream movies to my Xbox x from a wd my cloud on my same wired gigabit network.

I got Kudi 18.0 Beta 2, this is my first install on the xbox, I managed to see my WD Cloud effortlessly on Windows Kudi, really piece of cake !... but on the xbox it cant see my cloud (I think i know what you mean), it xbox kudi can only see my book IP Address in NFS but when i click on the IP just nothing happens, can u please share how u got this working on the xbox ? and what version of kudi r u using ? did u install any addons etc ??...

thanks,

18.0 b 2. Straight install. Nothing special.

Maybe try restarting your cloud drive?
(2018-10-02, 21:02)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-02, 20:22)aliitp Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks, 

18.0 b 2. Straight install. Nothing special.

Maybe try restarting your cloud drive? 
 I cant reinstall my cloud drive, nothing special to do !... Am sure its from the kudi on my xbox coz other KUDI are working fine on my network, as well as the cloud drive !..

Maybe am still noob and dont know how to use kudi, any instructions how to see my cloud on kudi would be greatly appreciated !...
It's KODI, not kudi...

How have you got your shares set up on the WD, as SMB or NFS? To see the device under SMB, you have to enter its IP address in the add sources pop-up as you can no longer search for it due to the depreciation of the SMB1 protocol.

Adding video sources (wiki)
thanks, i figured it out, i had to enabe NFS on my cloud since KODI uses NFS !...
Thread marked solved.