Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to change the value in DialogHeaderLabel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I want to know from where I can change this value "31976":

<param name="DialogHeaderLabel" value="31976" />

Because I am working in custom dialog box and need to change the header with variable values.

Thanks for all
By changing 31976 to "My new awesome label"? ^^ (that makes it hardcoded and not able to translate)

31976 just tells the skin to use the translated language string with ID 31976 from the skin provided languages.
But I didn't find 31976 number in language file!
I don't want to change it manually Big Grin

I want to know where is the source of 31976 ID because I am thinking to change it from source
If you change it from source, it's going to be changed to all other skin elements that are using the same string. That's a bad idea.

Anyway:
Look at the skin directory. There is a language folder and you have to change the master language (EN). Translations will break automatically, because the don't fit to it anymore.
But I didn't find 31976 ID number in any of languages file string.po ! Is there any source file can have this ID or it's built in?
what about this value "1"

<param name="DialogHeaderId" value="1" />

what does it mean?
It gives the control the ID "1".
Take a look at the skinning manual, some dialogs have predefined controls that are going to be filled by a plugin or Kodi core. Things like a label could be overwritten in this case.

As I said, changing the string itself is the wrong approach.
"sualfred" @

Yes thanks I understand it now.

But I have another question I created a dialog and need to change the label of it automatically depends on the values comes from my scripts addon:

<control type="label" id="my brother">
   <description>header label</description>
   <left>40</left>
   <top>20</top>
   <width>570</width>
   <height>30</height>
   <font>font13_title</font>
   <label>here I need to attach it with my addon scripts value</label>
   <align>center</align>
   <aligny>center</aligny>
   <textcolor>selected</textcolor>
   <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
  </control>

for example if value string = "from my brother room" then the label in dialog will write "from my brother room"

How can I achieve this situation ?
ID's have to be integers.

If you just want to show a custom OK dialog then use the builtin functions in your script.
For reference take a look at one of the other available scripts. 

Example:
https://github.com/phil65/script.toolbox...ls.py#L330
So if my addon script.py has this conditions:

if data == "101":
    xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(1199)')
elif data == "102":
   xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(1122)')

I want the label in Window 1199 to be "From my brother" for example! and if activate 1122 the label will be " come from my father room"