Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help with addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a firestick and I'm running kodi 17.6.
For some reason all my add-ons are taking forever to load. I cleaned the cache then reinstalled kodi then when that didn't work I reformatted my whole Firestick. Netflix works fine from my home screen however just the add-ons in kodi dont. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks man I did just that. it took like 5 minutes to upload I dont know if that's normal but like I said most add-ons in kodi are all of a sudden acting up.

https://pastebin.com/XpraSjuu
@blazed42o both exodus and the kodi.bae repo are violations of our piracy policy (wiki). You will need to remove then before support is available to you here (you'll probably need to manually remove bits of Exodus as it's stubborn to get rid of fully).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
I apologize I did a fresh kodi install and installed some add-ons from the respiratory that comes with it.

Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/aNiA0mgP
I am not sure what we are looking for.

Which add-ons are taking forever to load? Be specific with the add-on name, so we can refer to it in the log.
When you state load, do you mean the add-on itself takes too long to start up, or do you mean the stream takes too long to start playing?
Did you capture that problem in the log?
Popcorn Flix, ABC Family, and even the kodi debug file uploader program takes forever to load I see that blue circle for like 5 minutes before the add-on finishes loading no matter the addon although settings in what not load fine inside kodi they install fine it's just addons. I currently use my windows pc to stream stuff and works fine. My firestick is what device is whats giving me trouble. Yes i tried loading abc family while debugging was enabled.
The ABC Family add-on has some issues with a website change. I'll get around to fixing that next week.
Popcornflix looks fine to me. Make sure that you're running V6.0.5.
That's odd that they take forever to load up and the log looks fine.
With the ABC Family add-on it's because the search is ambiguous and takes forever.
As I said, I don't see any issues with Popcornflix.