Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File manager doesn't display hidden files ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this problem in both CoreElec and Windows 7 with either Leia beta2 or 17.6, with both the default Estuary and Mimic skins.

I have enabled Show hidden files and folders under Media settings.

Under File Manager, I can see .zip and .xml files transferred from Win7 via WinSCP under Profile Directory. But these files and not visible under Add Source> Browse. Under Browse, none of the files in any folder seem available.

I don't see any menus for copying files but right clicking on the file brings up a Select All/Rename/Delete menu.

The WinSCP file transfer and move/delete files under the CoreElec/Win7 Kodi side works and I can make all the Kodi files visible by clicking on Hidden Files in bottom right corner of WinSCP.
@siliconhippy

We are not the help forum for CoreELEC. You will need to head over to their forum for assistance.

Can you replicate this issue with Kodi?
(2018-10-02, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy

We are not the help forum for CoreELEC. You will need to head over to their forum for assistance.

Can you replicate this issue with Kodi?

This issue is not just with CoreElec ! The other guy said the same go-to-coreelec thing.
(2018-10-03, 05:25)siliconhippy Wrote: [ -> ]This issue is not just with CoreElec !
Then what other system does it affect?

As it stands now, you are asking for CoreELEC assistance. You won't get it. If you provide a Debug Log for a Kodi install with the same issue, someone will look at it.

(2018-10-03, 05:25)siliconhippy Wrote: [ -> ]The other guy said the same go-to-coreelec thing.
Well, what does that tell you?
(2018-10-03, 05:31)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-03, 05:25)siliconhippy Wrote: [ -> ]This issue is not just with CoreElec !
Then what other system does it affect?

As it stands now, you are asking for CoreELEC assistance. You won't get it. If you provide a Debug Log for a Kodi install with the same issue, someone will look at it.

(2018-10-03, 05:25)siliconhippy Wrote: [ -> ]The other guy said the same go-to-coreelec thing.
Well, what does that tell you?

I have the same issue under Windows as well.

Right now WinSCP does the job so this might not be worth anymore of your or my hassle.
(2018-10-02, 20:51)siliconhippy Wrote: [ -> ]But these files and not visible under Add Source> Browse. Under Browse, none of the files in any folder seem available

if you are using the file manager and browse for a source, then this section is only meant to show folders and not files. Once you selected a folder and defined that as a source and gave it an alternative source-name (optional) in the filemanager and then enter that source (after you see it listed as an available source) you should see the files.

Tested with LibreELEC and latest Kodi master on Ubuntu.

Hope that helps