Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me too (two) Smile.
Can anyone test to see if Netflix plays in Dolby Vision please?
Yes it does. I have a lg e series and the dv logo pops up and this is going through my denon.
(2018-11-03, 17:03)bdreams Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it does. I have a lg e series and the dv logo pops up and this is going through my denon.
 Thanks, good know.
So the default resolution is [email protected] but if you play something in 4K HDR, Kodi changes resolution to 4K and of you play a 1080p file Kodi changes to 1080 resolution? In other words, automatic resolution its working?

Thanks!
(2018-11-03, 18:18)tocinillo Wrote: [ -> ]So the default resolution is [email protected] but if you play something in 4K HDR, Kodi changes resolution to 4K and of you play a 1080p file Kodi changes to 1080 resolution? In other words, automatic resolution its working?

Thanks!

The TV I tested with is 1080p so I can't verify that.
(2018-11-01, 09:01)shaniqua1990 Wrote: [ -> ]anyone can confirm refresh rate switch working on kodi? 

I tested it, and wasn't able to get it working. So I dled MrMC Lite and refresh rate switch works properly on it.
 It's not working correctly for me on 24p videos. I have a fire tv box (2nd gen) connected to the same setup and the 24p videos play perfectly. But with the Fire Stick 4k it skips really bad. I can exit out of Kodi and force stop it and clear the cache through Fire's Menu, and then it will work for a video or two, but then screws up again soon after. If I turn off the auto refresh rate matching in Kodi then it doesn't change the refresh rate. And if I turn off the auto refresh rate though the fire's menu and leave it on in Kodi then it doesn't change the refresh rate at all.

Anyone have any solutions?
Are you running Leia? Have you enabled the whitelist?
I'm on 17.6 on both the 4k Stick and Fire Box (2nd gen)

Is Leia working good?
I installed Kodi Leia Beta 4 and still have the same issue. I did whitelist all the frame rates
FireOS Settings > Display & Sounds > Match Original Frame Rate > ON ?

https://youtu.be/WzQl3RhCdzE?t=285
(2018-11-04, 07:27)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]FireOS Settings > Display & Sounds > Match Original Frame Rate > ON ?

https://youtu.be/WzQl3RhCdzE?t=285

Yes I have that on. I tried it off too but then Kodi won't change the res/refresh at all. When it's on, Kodi will play anywhere from 1-5 24p videos correctly, then screws up again. If I close Kodi, force stop it through the Fire's menu, and clear it's cache then it will work again for a video or two
Are you using any advanced settings?
How is the deinterlacing working on this device? I am looking to replace my shield tv with this stick.