Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ noggin : Thank you very much.
So, there are many pages about the audio issues, some of the posts a little contradictory. Can someone summarise where we are?

I don't actually use my Fire Stick for blu ray rips, but it would be helpful if I could get DD+ output from non-Kodi apps, combined with either DD+ pass-through or 5.1 PCM from Kodi when using streaming add-ons (e.g. Netflix). Is there a combination of settings that will give me that without having to change things in the Stick settings all the time?
Dear @fritsch

I've been using your Kodi Leia releases. Now I've updated to Matrix beta 2. Should I do a new clean install of Matrix or is it ok to update kodi from a fritsch release?

Since Matrix fixed the audio delay problem, I don't want to keep your previous fix for Leia in Matrix. I don't know if this custom delay fix is overwritten by the new version. 

Thank you!!
What is the custom delay fix?
(2021-01-04, 20:55)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]What is the custom delay fix?

Didn't you add a fix in your releases for the audio delay? (I think is 150ms). I mean this offset
Nope. I fixed it properly. And this fix went into v19 - which is why it works for you there.
Anyone unable to connect to their NAS via SMB on v19 beta 2 or the nightly? Only NFS works for me.
(2021-01-04, 23:55)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone unable to connect to their NAS via SMB on v19 beta 2

Works for me on Windows 10, Fire Stick 4K, and CCwGTV to Synology NAS and Windows PC.
(2021-01-04, 23:55)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone unable to connect to their NAS via SMB on v19 beta 2 or the nightly? Only NFS works for me.
SMB is broken on v19 beta 2 in some cases so I stuck with fritsch test builds.
Thanks @Kodroid, was worried may have been my set-up.
(2021-01-04, 23:55)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone unable to connect to their NAS via SMB on v19 beta 2 or the nightly? Only NFS works for me.

If you were connecting without a password...Kodi now requires a password or it won't work.
(2021-01-05, 18:19)Luke M Wrote: [ -> ]

If you were connecting without a password...Kodi now requires a password or it won't work.
Kodi devs say this is a bug.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18832
Anyone have issues with Matrix Beta 2, where on resume Kodi only displays a black screen and requires a Force Stop and restart?

Happens on 4K and pendent...
Nope, not here. Though: Please use nightlies. We are aiming towards RC1 in a very fast speed, therefore only "fixes" are allowed in master anyways. No need to use Beta2, grap a nightly, test it, file the issues. This is the only way that we have a chance to get that fixed with v19.
(2021-01-10, 11:50)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, not here. Though: Please use nightlies. We are aiming towards RC1 in a very fast speed, therefore only "fixes" are allowed in master anyways. No need to use Beta2, grap a nightly, test it, file the issues. This is the only way that we have a chance to get that fixed with v19.

Great point! Installed the latest nightly and will test tonight.