Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4K Upgrade on Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys, 

Currently i am running my (budget) Home Cinema with Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen. Media is stored on a NAS, connected via LAN Cable. Output is a 1080p Projector. Has been working absolutely perfect without any trouble - the Dream!

I am now thinking about upgrading to a 4k-Projector and was wondering if my current Setup can actually handle that (My Receiver has 4k-passthrough and the HDMI cables will also be updated)

--> i would like to Play UHD Movies from My NAS and look at high-res Photos, also stored on My NAS (all connected via LAN Cable, no Wireless)
--> Is the Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen and Kodi able to properly display 4k Content? (gernerally speaking, i am aware that thre always can be issues)
--> If not, what alternatives do i have? I definitly want to stay with Kodi, i just love the interface and even my wife knows how to use it Smile

I have looked through the Forum and found of course many Threds with problems, but havent found an answer to the basic question if Kodi + Fire TV 2nd Gen are in general a viable option for 4K Media Playback.

Thanks already for your help
Cheers