Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2019-03-21, 02:39)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]how skin options was handled in cirus/citrus was good. iirc. ill have to mess around with 0.9 and list bugs/requests once its out. and make compares to Cirus/Citrus as needed.

@rdyott I'm counting on you doing so, bud. I'd expect no less. Smile

(2019-03-23, 20:40)gman12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rufoo,
I want to first say thank you for this wonderful mod and all the work you have done so far to keep everything up to date. I was hoping to ask you 2 questions.

@gman12 You're welcome and sure thing.

(2019-03-23, 20:40)gman12 Wrote: [ -> ]1.) You said you will be going Live soon with Lyrebird 0.90. Are you still planning on doing that by this weekend sometime and will it be in the Official Kodi Skins? Also, how long roughly do you think it'll go to a 1.0 Version after you work out any bugs?

0.90 WAS supposed to be this weekend, however, I was unwell this week and didn't get the full amount of time I wanted to dedicate to it. So it'll be delayed by a few days. 0.90 will be downloadable from the forum thread here. 1.0 will go live shortly afterwards (1.0 will be the actual version that appears in the Kodi repo) as from 0.90 I'll be freezing any new additional views and features from that point. I've still got more views and things I want to cram in (like RetroPlayer support) but those can wait until after 1.0. Versions between 0.90 to 1.0 will just be about responding to feedback and quickly stamping out bugs I'm notified of - depending on how responsive the userbase is will ultimately determine how quickly the versions move from 0.90 to 1.0. These updates, should feedback be swift enough, will come out every few days seeing as it is just about polishing and not about designing or new elements.

(2019-03-23, 20:40)gman12 Wrote: [ -> ]2.) Not sure if you could help with this question, but since your skin has such great game Views I thought I'd ask. I'm using Kodi 18.1 on an Amazon Fire TV Cube and my roms I'm going to be using are on a Hard Drive which is attached to my Asus Router. What exactly do I need to install for Addons within Kodi to get them up and running and look like the screens with your Lyrebird Skin?

Sure. I can help you. First and foremost you'll need the absolutely essential Advanced Emulator Launcher by Wintermute0110. You'll need assets for AEL, like your boxes, screenshots, title screens, fanart, etc... There are a number of websites that offer these things, many of which are listed on the first page of the AEL thread, otherwise Google Images is always a good place to start. Depending on the system, you'll either find it easier or trickier to create a look you like. If you're wanting to replicate a look from a screenshot I can give you the info of how.
@Rufoo I'm having issues sending you a message, can we chat on here? Or via Skype or Facebook, whichever works better for you. Can't wait to bring a custom edition of your work to DigiPlay as our front end GUI! I know you're finishing up 0.9.0, but let me know how soon we can start, as I just finished up our new front-end landing page, and we're just waiting on getting our new games page interface completed and ported over to the web.
Hi @Rufoo, I'm using the 0.6.1 and sadly the recordings section navigating on the left bar from the channel lost is not loading. The icon is displayed on top but the screen remains empty. Any suggestions? Cheers
Just checking in to see how the updates are coming? Hope you're feeling better. Patiently waiting for next release to use for skin on fresh Kodi install with all my media files. Smile
Update: Just a quick update, things are taking slightly longer than expected as there has been changes to the views. Mostly relating to gaming, the views now adapt to the system being used. No need to specify shapes. It will automatically do it for you. One view to rule them all, kind of thing. Smile

Edit: A picture paints a thousand words, here is the Arcade view... depending on your system it will automatically switch to the correct box art size for you. The metadata (info) is a new style called adaptive which, like the boxes, switches automatically based upon system to show things off in a pleasing way.

Arcade now also works in TV Shows, Movies, and Episodes too! But you'll see all that soon enough! Big Grin

Also, after a long absence, autoplaying of trailers / videos for Games is now back in the mix. It was removed previously due to an undesired and unnatural 'snapping' effect that occurred when transitioning items. This has been fixed, more or less. So you can expect the return of that feature too!
Wonderful. Cant wait for 0.9 to be uploaded on the Github to be used abused and tested.
@Rufoo phenomenal work, 0.9.0 looks to be your sleekest release yet! Can't wait. This is the view I'd like to use for DigiPlay, so once this release is out, let's see if we can start on that custom fork for our web GUI that we chatted about. Shouldn't be much to add, mostly we need our logo on the splash screen, and a custom dark purple background. It should feel and function like a native GUI, but presented in the SPA web format to make for a delightful user experience. Also, I can't seem to message you on here for some reason, so if you can follow up with me via email me at [email protected] that would be great. We're in different time zones which always complicates things haha. Again, fantastic work and keep it up!!!
The lack of views in ael is the only thing stopping me using kodi as a retro gaming frontend,great to have a skin focused on gaming,keep up the good work
Hi. I like Mimic skin on LibreElec (Crypton build). I want use it on Leia build (CoreElec) but i have problem. Is possible turn on submenu in horizontal setting like on old version?

Like on this image:

@astlouis44 

No worries, bud. Once this is done I'll be in touch and we'll go from there. Happy to lend a hand, you'll just have to exercise some patience while you wait for me to get everything together. Smile

@kpop 

Thanks. The focus is very game / AEL heavy as I want a sleek media frontend for gaming. Hopefully the new stuff ticks the boxes for you.

@morka 

Sorry, mate. Don't know anything about this. Looks like some older version of Mimic. Eventually I will be adding more home screen options and designs but that is a long way off - even then, I can't really promise this as free time is a limited resource and when I get a chance to allocate it toward Kodi projects I just do the stuff I want to do, if working on Kodi stuff paid the bills I'd make one for you, but alas, it doesn't. The focus is primarily on tweaking aspects of Mimic and integrating a bunch of dynamic views mostly for gaming.
(2019-04-07, 18:12)morka Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I like Mimic skin on LibreElec (Crypton build). I want use it on Leia build (CoreElec) but i have problem. Is possible turn on submenu in horizontal setting like on old version?

Like on this image:

the current skin (mimic) that Lyrebird is forked from.. no  longer has the sub menus perma visible. they are a pop up option. this was done by the original creator to limited the amount of stuff on the home screen to A) keep the clutter down B) keep the memory usage low to help with this skin on lesser machines (raspi etc etc)
A special early bird preview of the new improved Arcade view awaits on Github. I have called this release 0.8.9 respectively. 0.9.0 will be ready for consumption later in the week, as there are some things that will require more polish - namely the topbar behavior, some extra refinements to Arcade itself and bringing Steam Explorer up to snuff with some of the newer features found in Arcade. But if you want to see what this "Swiss Army Knife" of gaming views is looking like, not to mention providing any feedback. Dig in!

In order to experience the magic... make sure you have the system flag assigned for your respective launchers on Advanced Emulator Launcher...

Supported Systems: NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, SMS, WII, WII U, GBA, PSX, PS2, PS3, PSP, PC (Microsoft Windows), GCN, DS, 3DS.

Genesis and MAME support will be ready by the end of the week. Smile Oh! And Arcade now works in Movies, TV Shows, and Episodes.

Will update and test
(2019-03-29, 23:35)albescri Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Rufoo, I'm using the 0.6.1 and sadly the recordings section navigating on the left bar from the channel lost is not loading. The icon is displayed on top but the screen remains empty. Any suggestions? Cheers

MyPVRRecordings.xml is missing the <views> tag.

add <views>50</views> under the <window> tag to fix.
(2019-04-10, 04:59)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]MyPVRRecordings.xml is missing the <views> tag.

add <views>50</views> under the <window> tag to fix. 

Hadn't had a chance to look at this yet. I'll incorporate what you've said into 0.9.0. I see this is your first post, I'm presuming you just jumped out to help out albescri. Real nice of you and I appreciate you taking the investigation off me. You have my thanks. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16