Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DialogVideoInfo (tvshow) , No way to browse or play episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if it a bug or an oversight. If one activates the information dialog for a tv show, (i on the keyboard, info on the remote), it contains a play button which does not play anything. Feels like it should be a  button, labelled Browse/Episodes, which allows you to browse and play the episodes of the show. Btw, in confluence the button said Browse, however, it too did nothing.

I checked the wiki and noticed that there is no container for seasons or episode listed.
https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_...eoInfo.xml.

Setting default action for videos to 'Show Information' is not very useful for tv shows if one cannot play it.

Hopefully, some kind soul can find the time to take a look.

Thanks,
LongMan
I'm sure this was fixed in Estuary but apparently not.
(2018-10-12, 22:15)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Found the PR but it's not been committed yet.

[Estuary] Change default button text & icon for tvshows in videoinfo dialog

Yes it is Big Grin
Thank You,  Kind Sirs. Laugh

Cheers,
LongMan
That PR seems to be a cosmetic change for the icon and label. Isn't a functional change required as well?

The Wiki does not list any containers for tv shows or season. Am I wrong in thinking that DialogVideoInfo needs to have such a container?

Cheers,
LongMan
No, the function is handled in core by Kodi now that the button is changed to a toggle one.
Ok. Thanks. I will give it a go as soon as Milhouse starts building again.

LongMan
@Hitcher. Gave it a go with Milhouse build #1015. The icon and label changed but I now get a spinner when the button is pressed, not the seasons or episodes.

Could the label be 'Episodes' instead of 'Browse', since we know what we are browsing.

Thanks for looking at this.

LongMan
Try with another skin (ie Confluence) as there shouldn't be a problem as it's been this way forever.
Same thing with confluence. Just a busy spinner. No Seasons or episodes.
No problems here using the latest nightly build. Post a debug log please.
Just the kodi.log at https://pastebin.com/ please. Be sure to enable debug logging.