Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ListItem.Rating(rating_type) VideoPlayer.Rating(rating_type) bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to get these infolabels to work for movies.  I think they were broken prior to PR13754, though ListItem.Rating(rating_type) did change after the PR.

I added some rating types and values to some movies, confirmed by looking at my video database.

The values in the rating table are (rating_type / float value):

default 8.5
audio 2
video 9

In testing the info labels what I see are:

Prior 13754
ListItem.Rating  8.5
ListItem.Rating(audio) 0.0
ListItem.Rating(video) 0.0
VideoPlayer.Rating 8.5
VideoPlayer.Rating(audio) 8.5
VideoPlayer.Rating(video) 8.5

After PR 13754
ListItem.Rating 8.5
ListItem.Rating(audio) empty
ListItem.Rating(video) empty
VideoPlayer.Rating 8.5
VideoPlayer.Rating(audio) 8.5
VideoPlayer.Rating(video) 8.5

Or maybe I don't understand how these should work (I don't think the wiki or doxy stuff have been updated to show how rating_types are supposed to work).

scott s.
They're supposed to be added by supported scrapers and used in the following form -

xml:
ListItem.Rating(imdb)
ListItem.Votes(tmdb)

Having said that whenever I've tried to play around with them I could never get them to work.
(2018-10-10, 17:03)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]They're supposed to be added by supported scrapers and used in the following form -

xml:
ListItem.Rating(imdb)
ListItem.Votes(tmdb)

Having said that whenever I've tried to play around with them I could never get them to work.

tmdb is themoviedb
I know what it is thanks.  Wink
Maybe it should be ListItem.Votes(themoviedb) ?
I never get them to work outside of DialogVideoInfo. But inside of the dialog it works well.

(I wish it would work outside)
In my case I wrote an addon that uses JSON to update the database.  That part appears to work well, just can't get the info out using infolabels.  Sualfred's right though that when movieinformation dialog is active, listitem.rating(rating_type) does work.  But the videolplayer.rating(rating_type) analog doesn't work in fullscreeninfo (returns the default rating type value).

scott s.
afaik there no such thing as videolplayer.rating(rating_type). at least it's not listed in the wiki.

it's correct that listitem.rating(rating_type) only works in the infodialog:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8080#i...-172673044